ITW CIP Push Nuts, also known as box or expansion nuts, are one piece, self locking, multi-purpose fasteners that prevent screws from loosening due to vibration.
These multiple thread box nuts/expansion nuts are designed with a spring member in the center of the upper leg, to accommodate a wide range of panel thicknesses. They eliminate the need for two close-tolerance leaf springs, while improving cycle life and effective spring action. Because they allow faster and easier assembly, with no cross threading or stripping, they lower manufacturing costs.
- Used to fasten components to metal or plastic
- Adapts well to various plastic materials
- Superior joint performance compared to single thread impressions
- No special tools, equipment or skills required for installation
- Widely used in instrument panels, center consoles, grab handles, vehicle doors and many other under hood and trunk applications
- Ergonomic insertion and 45N max for hand installation
- Friendly for automation by either bowl or optional spool feed
- Proven BSR improvements due multi-thread extrusion with integrated prevailing torque feature
- 6.0Nm minimum destructive force which equals improved preload