ITW’s single-piece, multiple or single thread “U” nuts have successfully replaced most two-piece designs, offering equivalent strength, significantly reduced weight, better prevailing torque – all at a lower per-unit cost.
During assembly, our high-performance “U” nut is placed over the edge of a stamped panel, or through a pre-stamped slot, and is simply pushed until the rear of the fastener locates against the panel edge or snaps into the clearance hole. Can be used on plastic panels. Single-thread “U” nuts are also available.
- Single piece construction from high carbon spring steel prevents separation of threaded nut from retainer legs.
- Austempered generally in a range of H”V”446-513 (Rockwell 45-50).
- Self retaining feature allows for one hand assembly.
- Free floating characteristics allow self alignment with bolt.
- Lighter, stronger, more reliable, less expensive than other types of fasteners.
- Provided in sizes 4mm-12mm. English unit also available.
- Prevailing torque (locking feature) can be incorporated into the threaded sleeve.
- Can be used on plastic panels.
- Performance Class 9 is standard with Class 10 availability.
Ergonomic Benefits of Collated U-Nuts
REDUCED WEIGHT By automating the assembly process, Collated U-Nut technology allows you to install more parts in less time and improve assembler productivity by up to 400%.
IMPROVED INSTALLATION QUALITY Each part is precisely installed, eliminating the possibility of human error inherent in most manual installations. Alignment problems are eliminated as well.
IMPROVED ERGONOMICS Use of Collated U-Nuts eliminates the need for repetitive manual tasks that can lead to carpal tunnel syndrome.
SIGNIFICANT COST SAVINGS More efficient packaging of collated U-Nuts reduces shipping, handling and storage costs and adds to the cost savings resulting from significant productivity increases.