SMART JOINT TECHNOLOGY
ITW CIP’s Smart Joint technology adds a funnel-style lead-in to barrel extrusions. The result is increased and maintained joint tension to resolve long-term NVH issues, and simplified ergonomics for difficult operator installations.
To see an example, check out our innovative U-Nut product.
DRAWN NUT TECHNOLOGY
ITW CIP’s Drawn Nut manufacturing process replaces heavy metal plates and multiple weld nuts with extruded barrels drawn into Ultra-High Strength steel. The resulting one-piece solution improves joint performance, reduces weight and NVH concerns, and eliminates strip-out because the barrel threads are stronger than the bolts.
Why Use ITW CIP Fasteners?
- No cross threading or stripping
- Self Wrenching
- 1 / 3 The weight, 4 X the strength of low carbon fasteners.
- Superior joint compliancy compared to cold head fasteners.
- Can be used over larger holes.
- Retains better clamp load when subjected to shock or wear.
- Available in Metric and English threads.
- Available thread locking.
- Property Class 9 & 10 available
With our unique threaded funnel design, mating fasteners are installed easily. This works especially well with blind applications.
With our unique threaded draw design, our fasteners are capable of spanning larger application holes, providing additional float.
ITW CIP FASTENERS HAVE SUPERIOR JOINT COMPLIANCY LOAD VS DEFLECTION GRAPH